Research and Policy Senior Coordinator Job Vacancy
Job Title: Research and Policy Senior Coordinator
Contract: One Year Full Time Post
Closing Date: 3rd March 2017 at 4pm
Application by Application Form Only. CV’s will be rejected.
Position Overview & Main Responsibility
The Research and Policy Senior Coordinator will assume a leading role in key CFI projects in respect of various aspects of research and policy undertaken by CFI; including managing existing and developing new research initiatives; developing standards of care services for PWCF and their families; researching and writing policy submissions; supporting the policy advocacy role of CFI. The person will also manage interns and possible future staff members.
Education and Skills
The successful candidate will have either a Masters or a PhD in Science or Social Science and will have a proven interest in health. Examples of their research may be sought.
Excellent communication and writing skills required. Ability to convey complex issues to a more general audience desirable. Understanding of Cystic Fibrosis desirable.
Directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and ultimately board of CFI
One year Fixed Term Contract
Full time (35 hours/week). Time flexibility and travel required.
- Manage research projects
- Support policy advocacy related to research
- Participation in the development of Clinical Care Standards for Cystic Fibrosis.
- Contribute to policy development; write CFI position papers and policy documents
- Manage interns and future staff related to this area of work
- Participate in liaison meetings with policy makers
- Link in with networks in particular MRCG and IPPOSI as appropriate
- The person will be appointed at senior coordinator level (circa €38- €40,000)
CV’s will not be accepted. Download the application form here.
Closing Date for receipt of Applications is 4pm 3rd March 2017.